Determining upper air wind speed and direction using a compatible Warren-Knight balloon tracking theodolite has never been easier. This Pibal (Pilot Balloon) System includes a convenient handheld PDA computer (TDS Nomad) loaded with the latest version of PIBAL software. The PDA can be connected to the W-K theodolite for hands free data logging operation, or by using the PIBAL’s convenient manual entry feature. The PIBAL calculates wind speed, direction, and balloon altitude and stores it conveniently in an easy-to-read log file, which must be enabled. The PIBAL system includes Warren Knight’s PIBAL software, a hand-held TDS Nomad PDA, and an 8 foot cable to connect the theodolite to a hand-held computer.
TDS Nomad PDA
806 MHz processor, a long-life battery and integrated wireless capabilities like WWAN, GPS, 802.11g, and Bluetooth. Features a high-resolution, sunlight visible VGA display that shows graphics and maps in crisp detail.
The W-K Theodolite can also be attached to any Windows Operating Laptop System in place of the PDA System.
- Wind Speed and Direction Software*
- WK-91-6100: For EMT WK-21-9000 Series using PCS. Program uses balloon rise rate.
- WK-91-6110: For EMT WK-21-9000 Series using PDA. Program uses balloon rise rate.
- WK-91-6500: For EMT WK-21-9000 or EMMTW WK-20-9500 Series including AGL, MSL, latitude and longitude using PCS.
- WK-91-6510: For EMT WK-21-9000 or EMMT WK-20-9500 Series including AGL, MSL, latitude and longitude using PDA.
*Software and hardware specifications are subject to change without notice!