The WK-20-9100 series Electronic Meteorological Theodolite (EMT) features incremental rotary encoders mounted on the optical axis for fast and accurate angle measurement with minimal reading errors. Horizontal and vertical angles can be simultaneously read on the theodolites LCD panel display or by using the RS-232 serial port in combination with a PC. The plate vial has a sensitivity of 40″/2 mm. The circular vial has a sensitivity of 8’/2 mm. The tribrach is detachable.
The EMT uses 4 AA dry batteries (1.5V each) for a 6 Volt power. They have 10 hours (Manganese) and 28 hours (Alkaline) of operating time. Operational temperature is -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to +122°F). The clamps and tangen screws are coaxil– clamping and movement by locking endless tangent worm screws on both Axis. Additional lower clamp and slow motion tangent screw allows mechanical and horizontal orientation of the instrument. Data storage can be provided by using any customer supplied computer with an RS-232 Serial Port (conversion cable available).
The following are variations of the WK-20-9100 series: operation by using internal and external power sources, 1 or 2 displays, LCD heater and optical plummet.
The WK-20-9100 series comes with: a waterproof instrument cover, a sunshade, an objective lens cap, adjusting pins, a compass elevator, an instruction manual, a durable storage case and a compass– trough style.
Optional accessories include the Warren-Knight Wide Frame Extension Leg Tripod (WK-19-6850AS), a Haze Filter (P/N 12-280-H), a Solar Shade (P.N 12-284-S), a Magnetic Compass (P/N 24-290) and a Warren-Knight Pibal Timer (WK-22-4850).
- Main telescope: magnification: 21x. Bent-axis type: tracking. Effective apperature: 40 mm. Resolving power: 4 seconds. Field of view: 2 degrees. Min. focus distance: 50 feet.
- Finder telescope– magnification: 4x. Bend-axis type: Wide angle. Effective apperature: 15 mm. Field of view: 10 degrees. Min. focus distance: 20 feet.
- Sights: set of two, one fixed and one folding.
- Reticle: spider-web cross hair assembly.
- Illumination: back-lit display, crosswires.
- Display: segmented LCD.
- Measuring units: 360° (minutes & seconds), 400 Grads, or 6400.00 Mils.